tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 08 16:47:36 1995

Re: Question..

At 03:46 PM 12/8/95 -0800, you wrote:
> As some of you know, I'm training one of my dogs in tlhIngan-Hol, last
>night we started her on the last of it, the protection training, I've been
>using what I think is Clipped klingon, instead of yIba' for sit, I just use
>ba'.  I trained that into her before I came onto the list, and she already
>knows it, so if thats not right, there isn't much I can do. (I could, but it
>works so...)
>
> My question is then, should I use the yI for her attack commands? So far
>I've got jupwI' for her to not bite someone she was just growling at (no
>problem there), but should I use yIqIm for her to pay attention or just qIm?
>Also the her attack command  is along the same lines, yIral, or just ral?

According to PK *all* animal commands are in Clipped Klingon. I would suspect
she is smart enough to hear the dif.

FOr me I like <yIqIm> over <qIm> and prefer <HIvqu'> over <ral> for the
attack cammand. With <HIvqu'> you get to emphisize the <-qu'> as a pretty
dramatic effect.

>Her 2nd lesson is tonight, so quick advice would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Jim

david

                       David Barron  [email protected]
        Klingon Language Postal Course,   PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
              It's FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                     Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

Back to archive top level