tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 08 13:06:42 1995

Re: {-bogh} vs {-meH}

> Date sent:      8-Dec-95 13:32:39 -0600
> From:           SHOULSON @ INTERNET (Mark E. Shoulson) {[email protected]}
> To:             TLHINGAN @ INTERNET (Multiple recipients of list) {[email protected]}
> Send reply to:  TLHINGAN @ INTERNET {[email protected]}
> Subject:        Re: {-bogh} vs {-meH}

> >Date: Fri, 8 Dec 1995 07:32:02 -0800
> >From: Chester Braun <[email protected]>

> >> Well, unfortunately you lost *me*.  I was trying to say was "My
> >> family would APPARENTLY disagree" - referring humorously to my
> >> three-syllable <tlhIgnan pong>.  From the first part of your reply, I
> >> get "[the or a] name is not difficult".  The second part is where I
> >> am not certain.  Are you saying "The name is becoming difficult" ?
> >>

> >HIja'
>
> >I figured out what you were saying without too much of a problem.
> >I was trying to say that more than two syllables is not always difficult it is
> >just becoming difficult.

Just because something is difficult doesn't mean it isn't done.  I
have a friend from Thailand whose name is Jamorn Rattanakulwattana
and a friend from Indonesia whose name is Setiawati Wongsongwidjoyo.

Qapla'

Qogh.

> ~mark

Back to archive top level