tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 06 11:06:57 1995

Re: {-bogh} vs {-meH}

Ben Warren wrote:

> ------ =_NextPart_000_01BAC3BC.23A20A80
>
> "I had a battle ax in mind and most martial artists (note I didn't say =
> soldier) prefer not to throw their weapons away."
>
> I am curious, with a statement like this, what martial arts traditions =
> you have studied. I am familiar with several styles, most of which =
> involve throwing weapons. A warrior would use all options available.
>
> Sorry for the non-tlhIngan Hol content of this message.
>
> Qapla'
>
> HoS'etlh
> AKA Ben Warren

Hung Gar Kung Fu, Northern Shaolin Kung Fu, Yang and Sun Taiji, Aikido, Kendo,
Iaido, Shotokan.  Never have I encountered a throwing weapon other than small
things like shuriken and small darts were you would have a pocket full to
fling around.  One or a pair of battle axes would be better kept in the hands.
Chinese spears are never thrown.  Throwing your only weapon might be a last
ditch effort against an opponent with a long range weapon such as a
tlhIngan nISwI' beH (see, I got my tlhIngan Hol content in thanks to HolQeD
V4 N3 page 5).

Qapla'

QetaH
(Chet Braun)