tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 04 07:30:59 1995

Sherlock Holmes in Klingon

The following was sen to me by Don Hobbs:

>Date: Mon, 04 Dec 1995 08:28:40 -0600
>From: Don Hobbs <[email protected]>
>To: [email protected]
>Subject:  Sherlock Holmes in Klingon
>
>Dear David,
>
>                I am following up on a conversation I had with Nellie Brown.
>We both subscribe to the Hounds of the Internet, which is as you
>probably know by now is dedicated to Sherlock Holmes.
>                Myself, I am a collector of Sherlockian books with a collection
>near 3000 volumes. I have Sherlock Holmes in 32 non-English translation
>and would like to find out what are the chances of a translation
>appearing in Klingnon. As you know, there have been many parallels in
>Star Trek and Sherlock Holmes. Spock has quoted Doyle and Data has
>imulated Holmes. There was a Holmesian Federation Journal published in
>the late 70's
>                 I would be interested in assisting with a Klingnon/ Holmes
>translation. Let me know.
>
>The Maniac Collector.

                       David Barron  [email protected]
        Klingon Language Postal Course,   PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
              It's FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                     Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

Back to archive top level