tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 03 21:41:58 1995

Re: KLI on the Electronic Telegraph

>It was said:
>>> one of the questions was "Is it, as Dr. Spock would say, "logical"?"  We
>>> were doing a few takes, and I told the interviewer that he'd do best to
>>> avoid lots of annoyed fans calling in and make it Mr. Spock.  He did.
>>> Whew.  Dr. Spock is the child psychologist.
>
>>I've seen that mistake so many times that I just start giggling & can't
>>stop. Just picture *Dr* Spock on the bridge of the Enterprise, talking to
>>the latest bad guys like they're disobedient children.
>
>      I have a vague memory of it being said in an STOS episode that Mr.
>Spock has the equivalent of several doctorates.  If any one of those
>"equivalents" were an actual awarded title of doctor, those who call him
>"Dr. Spock" would be technically correct. {{:-)
>
>     qeSmIv HarghwI'

This reply is just in order to add fuel to the fire.  On Vulcan, Spock,
Sarek, T'Pring, Stonn, and T'Pris are merely first names.  Then one says "of
the House of....."  Soooooo, Mr. Spock is what is said on the bridge of the
Enterprise; buuuuut, ...????

peHruS

Back to archive top level