tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 03 10:49:15 1995

Re: Klingon Language Roleplaying Game

At 04:42 PM 12/2/95 -0800, you wrote:
>>9 siders don't exist.  You can't have an odd number die.
>--- end of quoted material ---
>A seven sided die is a cuboid that has a corner sliced off?
>
>A nine sided die is an octahedron with a corner sliced off too?

a nine or a seven sided polyhedron does exist.

A nine or a seven sided die does not.

This is because in games of chance each side of the die must be of
equivalent shape in order to present the same chance of the die landing on
any side.
A six sided die has a 1 in 6 chance to land on any side a seven sided die
would not have a 1 in 7 because of unequivalent sides.

Now this is not the place for this so lets try and keep in in tlhIngan.
I know I didn't just now but I wanted to clear that up.
This conversation is over.
  0000   [                           |                                 ]
 0    0  [ Joel "ZER0" Nagy          | LCCC WebMaster                  ]
0   0  0 [ [email protected]              | [email protected]                ]
0  0   0 [ Klingon Home World Page   | Lehigh Carbon Community College ]
0 0    0 [ http://www2.itw.com/~zer0 | http://lib3.lccc.edu            ]
  0000   [0-0-[it's the # '0' not the capital 'o' in the name zer0]-0-0]

Back to archive top level