tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 30 17:14:06 1994

Re: Good day to die.

>I don't think this will ever be solved to everyone's satisfaction >unless,
by some miracle, we find a way to form infinitives or >gerunds.

I've noticed this before, and perhaps I shouldn't mention it, but....

Technically, all verbs in Klingon are infinitives.  The "infinitive" form of
a verb is simply the form which is uninflected for tense.  Klingon doesn't
inflect verbs for tense, so they are all, by definition, tenseless, no tense,
no time, non-finite, infinite.

It really doesn't make sense to say something like, "all our problems would
be sovlved if we could form infinitives!"

--Holtej

Back to archive top level