tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 30 10:25:49 1994

Re: Good day to die.

On Thu, 29 Sep 1994, David Barron wrote:

> Now that we have Okrand speaking up on -ghach we might have a way of saying
> that too often ask phrase "Now is a good day to die."
>
> HeghghachvaD QaQ 'oH DaHjaj'e'

On the other hand, depending on Okrand's ruling, we may have to say
{yInHa'ghach}.  {{;-)

Doesn't {Heghghach} (verb+ghach) mean the same thing as
{Hegh} (the noun)?  {Hegh}(the noun) already exists, it's in the Addendum.

> I welcome comments.
>
> This is going to keep coming up as long as we have people studing
> Klingon...so I had better get used to it.

I don't think this will ever be solved to everyone's satisfaction unless,
by some miracle, we find a way to form infinitives or gerunds.

> David Barron || [email protected]  ||   lup Hoch yIyInqu'

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level