tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 29 06:39:07 1994

KLB(?): Order of Nouns

I'm still relatively new to Klingon and I'm trying to create a word for Museum,
which isn't in the dictionary.  I'm not very certain of the rules for the use of
and order of multiple nouns and complex nouns.

Could someone please provide me with a quick tutorial on creating complex nouns.
  When is it best to use complex nouns or mulitple nouns?

Here's what I'm thinking:

I decided that a good way to say museum would be House of History.  Would it be
better to use juH qun, juHqun or the reverse?

Now, how would I say a Klingon Museum?  Would it be a house of Klingon history
or a Klingon house of history?

tlhIngan juH qun      or     juH tlhIngan qun

Thanks.

Back to archive top level