tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 19 12:23:58 1994

Re: introduction

>From: "William H. Martin" <[email protected]>
>Date: Sun, 18 Sep 94 15:56:05 EDT

>According to Bill Willmerdinger:
>> ... {ghargh} is the live worm; {qagh} is that worm when served as food.

>You eat your qagh DEAD? Eeeeeeew!

Nobody ever said anything about live or dead.  There's just a distinction
that occurs when something becomes regarded as food as opposed to just some
critter.  "Beef" is more than just "dead cow/bull."  It's "dead cow/bull
that is being considered as food, not just carcass."  Kill a fish, and it's
dead fish.  Only when it's properly served up and all does it become
"sushi."  I don't think this needs to be an actual change of physical
state, just a change in perception.

>> Qob

>charghwI'

~mark