tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 18 09:11:01 1994

Re: KLBC: prepositional phrases

According to Mark E. Shoulson:

> >From: "William H. Martin" <[email protected]>
> >Date: Thu, 15 Sep 94 17:20:25 EDT
>

> >What about botlh? "Center, middle." Wouldn't that do for
> >"inside"?
>
> Probably not very well.  It might carry things across okay,okay in some
> contexts, but somehow saying "The paperclips are in the middle of the
> spaceship" when in fact they are in a peripheral room doesn't seem ideal.
> Then again, I could se idiom accepting botlh for this purpose.

That one is easily recast to {mavjop'e' ngaS Duj}. More
naturally, I imagine a dialog:

nuqDaq mavjop?

ngaS Duj.

Do you have needs for "inside" that are not covered by either
{ngaS} or {botlh}?

> ~~mark

charghwI'

Back to archive top level