tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 17 04:54:47 1994

KLBC: prepositional phrases

 uu> From: "William H. Martin" <ur-valhalla!jm.acs.virginia.edu!whm2m>
 >  uu> 3. Got me; there's no word for inside.
 >
 > Perhaps not, but there *is* a word for "outside": {Hur}.
 >
 > charghwI', add a way of negating a noun to your not-so-short list!

 uu> What about botlh? "Center, middle." Wouldn't that do for
 uu> "inside"?

Possibly... I think it would depend on context.  I can be inside something and
not be at the center - an important distinction in, say, a boarding operation,
wouldn't you agreee?

You would probably have to say something like {Hur vItlheDta'} or {vI'elta'}.

Qob

... If it doesn't work, check the part you didn't think was important.

Back to archive top level