tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 15 16:42:32 1994

Re: 2 questions[D

On Thu, 15 Sep 1994 [email protected] wrote:

> 	And since I've butted in to this discussion, let me introduce
> myself.  I am a professor of linguistics at SUNY-Albany.  I'm
> considering offering a short course on thlIngan Hol (and possibly
> other invented languages, like Tolkien's) sometime next year with the
> aim of showing students that grammar, invented or naturally occurring,
> can be interesting and worthy of discussion.  At this point, I've read
> Okrand's book, but I'm otherwise new to the Klingon world.  I look
> forward to learning from you all.

Now I'm going to have to transfer!
Does SUNY Albany have a linguistics major for undergrads?

Now that *I*'ve butted in, I'll introduce myself as well.
I'm a Suny Binghamton student considering going to Grad School for
LInguistics.
Some of you might know me from strek-l.
I've taken several Lessons from the correspondence course and look forward
to learning more.

So now I guess I'd better attempt a sentence.

yIH vIghaj.

(short and sweet-perhaps *too* sweet? {{:))

> Aaron Broadwell                  | `To anyone who finds that grammar is a

lt. yaj
[email protected]

Back to archive top level