tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 14 16:09:33 1994

Re: Dutlhejjaj HoS

According to Joel Anderson:

> I've been od'ing on a glut of Star Wars related
> materials lately, but how's this for a tlhIngan
> rendition of a familiar phrase?
>
>               Dutlhejjaj HoS

Well said. Some may argue that the word order might be reversed
because of the way that Okrand orders the words in several of
his more controversial blessings/curses, following the pattern
set by {'IwlIj jachjaj}. Still, this kind of word order applies
only to CLASSIC, ANCIENT toasts. Modern use of {-jaj} is
clearly established as placing the words exactly as you have
placed them.

>      [email protected]

charghwI'

Back to archive top level