tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 13 05:12:30 1994

"leveq"

Ka'lIy writes:

>Isn't the leveq that funky little knife gadget with the two extra short
>blades that snap out just at the most opportune times???

This is a Klingonaase word, "le'vek", invented by John Ford for the
second edition of the _The Klingons_ supplement for _Star Trek: The
RPG_. He translates it there as "three-knife".

Seeing as we use thlIngan Hol here, not Klingonaase, the confusion is
understandable. /qutluch/ or /betleH/ are available for use in
tlhIngan Hol, however. (The first is something more possible to have
in one's pocket; however, it's the traditional weapon of assassins,
and thus it's probably not too keen to bandy the word about casually.)

-QumpIn 'avrIn
--
Erich Schneider  [email protected]  http://tamsun.tamu.edu/~ers0925

Back to archive top level