tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 04 01:55:52 1994

Re: transliterations

Guidovo':
> ghItlh trI'Qal'e':
>
> [stuff about why transliterations are justifiable deleted]
> >Except, of course, that list policy EXPRESSLY FORBIDS the use of
> >tranlsiterations!  Geez, come ON folks!!!!!
>
> >Am I really f**ked in the head, or is this in the FAQ or something?
>
> Um, (as I peel myself off the wall here), do you suppose that if we
> specifically mark our transliterations with ** or something as well as
> indicate what the original name was, would that fit into list policy?
>
> Had I done it like {*'ewrop* [Europe]}, would that be acceptable?

"Bingo!"  chab DaQap.  {{:)

--tQ, who gets a *little* angery (heh) when she cannot translate something
because it is a @#$%^&*!!!! un-flagged transliteration!  {{:(

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level