tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 27 12:17:22 1994

Re: Nonexistent words ...?

According to [email protected]:

Again, it would help to get whole sentences instead of just
words. Some of these are solved by changing the SENTENCE, not
just one word.

> Klingon words required....
> Go forwards (v)

Probably {ghoS} with an appropriate sentence wrapped around it.

> "As a result,...."

vaj

> Behind

So'bogh retlh

> Correctly (adv)

Probably {-chu'}

> Dimension(n)

Klingons don't CARE about dimensions in the abstract sense.

> Do (v)

Probably {ruch}

> Equally (adv)

I need more context.

> Evaluate (v)

{noH}, {tob} or {Daj}

> Exceed (v)

I need more context.

> Finish (v)

ta'

> Future (n)

{nem law'} or the like.

> Wormhole (n)

The version of AKD I have with me doesn't have the entries from
the Deep Space Nine card. Does anybody else have this? I have
it at home.

> Imagine (v)

Need more context.

> Involve (v)

Need more context.

> Light year (n)

Anybody want to translate this from qelI'qammey?

I need to leave now. I'll work on this more later. Generally
most of what you have here can be served by the vocabulary in
TKD, if used creatively.

> Lightspeed (n)
> Massive, be massive (v)
> Method (n)
> More (adv)
> Near (adv)
> Paradox (n)
> Past (n)
> Physics (n) [as in "Laws of physics"]
> Previously (adv)
> Pull (v)
> Rubber sheet (n)
> Slow [down] (v)
> Space-time (n)
> Squash, contract, compress (v)

Think "make small"

> Stretch (v)

Think "make long"

> "There must be...." [as in "There must be a way to do this"]
> Tidy, be tidy (v)
> Very (adv)

{-qu'}. I mean REALLY!

> With

Needs more context.

> Without

Needs more context.

> >From this strange list of words, you might be wondering
> what I am writing about. It is based on a New Scientist article
> "Surfing to the stars on warped space".....

charghwI'

Back to archive top level