tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 27 11:00:32 1994

Re: Nonexistent words ...?

Regarding
>Light year (n)
pedants like myself (8->) would point out that either

a)   you don't actually mean light year, but "Klingon unit of astronomical
distance" which could be based on anything! Actually when you think about
it, there aren't very many measurements in English based on giving a speed
and time - it's mostly "as-long-as-X". I guess the other example is things
like "24 hours from Tulsa"

b)   you really do mean light year, in which case you would just use the
English words since it is a uniquely Human measurement?

Just my tuppence worth, and my first post, so hello all!

[email protected]

Back to archive top level