tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 09 21:36:14 1994

KLBC: {-ghach}

toH, qaSDI wejHu' juHwIjDaq pawpu' "HolQeD".  "-ghach" wot mojaq ngaSbogh
paqHomvetlh 'ay' vIlaDta'.

This may be a dumb question, but do verbs with the {-ghach} suffix
function exactly like nouns?  Can verbs with {-ghach} take noun suffixes?
Are the following sentences the correct usage of the meaning of {-ghach}?

'oghtaHghach SoS 'oH poQtaHghach'e'.  Necessity is the mother of invention.
Quchqu'taHghach  'oH jIvtaHghach'e'.  Ignorance is bliss.
yu'pu'ghach 		a question
yu'qu'ta'ghach		a severe interrogation
QIptaHghachHeymo' "-ghach" mojaq  vIlo'Ha''a'?  Am I misusing the suffix
{-ghach} due to my apparent ongoing stupidity?

Different subject:  How do you say "about", "concerning", "relating to"
as in "This book is about targs"?

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level