tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 28 15:22:10 1994

Re: KLBC: Klingon alphabet (?)

> Is there a Klingon alphabet/text font in use? I know this is a
> silly question since it's such an elementary matter, but the
> Klingon computer console on board Klingon Star Ship (the
> Predator?) in Star Trek IV looked so fantastic. Ever since
> I've been wishing to get a copy of the Klingon alphabet.

Some "Klingon" Fonts are available in TrueType, Adobe and MetaFont.
The real writing system is pIqaD - Metafonts and GIFs are available
at
	ftp.kli.org

> Klingon dictionaries are not available here in Finland, it'll
> take quite some time to obtain one, so I would appreciate if
> somebody would tell me.

The alphabet ist NOT printed in TKD (The Klingon Dictionary). There
only the romanized form is used.

> Thanks.
>
> charghwI'    ('cheerio' in Klingon...?)

...nnnnnot quite: charghwI' is the NAME of a tlhingan-Hol teacher

Qapla'		(transl.: SUCCESS)

	Volker

  Volker Tanger                  [email protected]
  Riedeselstr.64/166             voice phone: 06151/312672
  D-64283 Darmstadt              at work: 06151 / 16-5697,2402
  Germany                        fax: not available

> PS. I'd be delighted to correspond with beginners (can't
> say OTHER beginners, because I haven't started yet.)

PS: I do start too - but maybe I am a few week in advance

Back to archive top level