tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 26 11:53:03 1994

-jaj on PK

I don't know if this was brought up before, but I was listening to PK last
night, and have discovered something odd.

I first noticed it with the toast, "May your blood scream" -- 'IwlIj jachjaj.

Is it just me, or is 'IwlIj on the wrong side of the verb?

Later on, there was another phrase, again using -jaj, where the subject seemed
to end up on the left of the verb instead of the right.

I've checked TKD, and found NOTHING in it about -jaj changing the order of
subject/verb/object...

Are these instances on PK merely mistakes?  Until then, jachjaj 'IwlIj.

...Paul

Back to archive top level