tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 22 11:36:33 1994

Re: mughwI'

>Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 13:26:16 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: "William H. Martin" <[email protected]>

>According to [email protected]:
>..
>> mughwI''e' lo'taHbogh Paul  vISovbe', 'ach <ftp-site>Daq ghunghachmey
>> law' tu'lu'.  <pojwI'30.zip> vIghunta'.  latlh puS tu'lu'.
>..
>> --Holtej

>Does anybody like the idea of the word {De'wI'He} as a possible
>substitute for {ghunghach}?

Well, "ghunghach" we know isn't that great; Okrand finally told us that
-ghach doesn't sit well on naked verb-stems.  I imagine "an act of
programming" might go well as "ghunpu'ghach" or something.  And of course
that's a little fuzzy for "program", which is the result of programming
(tho Okrand does say that -ghach can result in results, not just
activities).

De'wI'He doesn't work for me... it's really too metaphoric.  Computer-route
makes me think of a road that you slide computers down, or a main roadway
through silicon valley, or *maybe* a T1 line between computers.  If
anything, a program is more a "mIw" than a "He".

>charghwI'

~mark

Back to archive top level