tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 20 13:20:36 1994

Re: Idea.

I know that my first message is supposed to be an inrtoduction, I
apologize, but I just started subscribing and learning tlhIngan Hol and
had two comments to previous posts.

1.)  Providing a translation would make it too easy for me not to learn
the language.  Part of the learning process is going to be my having to
translate every thing myself just to understand.  Of course with my
limited time schedule it is still going to take a while to learn.

2.) The idea of the lessons of the week is a very good one.  I have TKD
and have begun reading it.  The one problem I have with it as a tool
is that it offers no way of practicing the language.

A suggestion to would be "teachers."  Lessons should come in two forms.

1.)  Short sentence structure/grammar excercises.
2.)  An anecdote or paragraph of the week in tlhIngan Hol.

These lessons could be posted at the beginning of one week and then their
translations or the correct answers could be posted at the end of the
week.  That way the serious student could receive the assignment and have
time to complete it before receiving the translation to check his/her
work.  A student could gauge his/her improvement, by the speed at which
the assignment completion process takes.

Just my suggestion.  My second message will not be until it can be in
tlhIngan Hol.

--- Sqot

S. Conrad Baker
   [email protected]