tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 18 19:37:59 1994

Generations

I saw the preview. Not bad. I saw the first to know whether Kirk dies or
lives. Which is it? Or maybe they just alternate: he dies only every other
day.

Not much to say for the Klingons, if anyone's interested. All I got out of it
was, "bosh toja" without subtitles for something like "warp speed
such-and-such". That was the only piece of tlhIngan Holqoq articulated in the
movie. The rest was all murmured or drowned out by explosions, altho I
thought I picked up an obscure {Duj} somewhere.

So let's not get too excited over this. I just wanted to let everyone know
what's going on with this. Needless to say, I was disappointed, as were my
friends who prompted me to translate upon every Klingon utterance, even a
long angry growl. "What's that mean??" "It means 'shut up, you lyin' sack o'
tribble droppings, and leave me alone.'"

Guido

Back to archive top level