tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 18 06:15:25 1994

Re: jabbI'ID wa'DIch

ghItlh Guidooy:

: nuqneH

toH!  Guidooy!  qalegh mubel!

: nowhere. Why are we lounging around here when we should working hard creating
: a formidable collection of Klingon literature and teaching the masses. The
: only real extensive Klingon course available right now is Proechel's. Has
: anyone really looked at it? Besides being chock full of plain old errors, it
: misexplains many fine points of grammar. I was given the job of editing it
: and making up an answer key, but didn't have the time. Sigh, there are just
: too many people speaking not-good-enough Klingon because we haven't made
: sufficient progress in teaching the language and getting more people
: genuinely interested in it. Maybe that's what drove Krankor off.

Let me kinda step in on that point.  Being an instructional designer, I've been
working on a good method of instructing tlhIngan Hol.  I just didn't want it to be
the same old talk-and-test method, but a fun, engaging, scenario-based instruction.
Currently we are working on just such a method on the KLI MUSH.  I've been busy
myself, so I havent' been able to work on it, but we should have some good instruction
on the MUSH very soon.

As a famous captain once said... It's not always beneficial to be the FIRST person
to do something.

:
: But this comic strip is imesho a good idea as a down-to-earth teaching tool.
: I think I've rambled enough. If you're still reading, you have my humblest
: apologies and thanks.

Any type of engaging instruction like a comic strip would be a great learning tool.
I think you should do it, Guido!

:
: Guido
: