tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 17 18:13:57 1994

Re: Interesting construction

Hu'tegh! nuq ja' Mark E. Shoulson jay'?

=Hmm... Just had something interesting... I needed to find a way to say "The
=information which I remember reading".  Came up with what's probably a
=pretty obvious casting, but I can't offhand recall seeing its like before.
=Nick, you might like this...

=De''e' vIlaD 'e' vIqawbogh...

Twilight zone stuff! Just yesterday, I was reading up on the syntax of Modern
Greek relative clauses, and in Greek, you can actually say:

i pliroforia pou thimame oti [ti] diabasa
the information which I remember that [optional: it] I read.

--
 Nick Nicholas. Melbourne University, Aus. [email protected]

Back to archive top level