tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 15 08:55:08 1994

Re: NY-area Klingonists take note!

>Date: Mon, 14 Nov 1994 21:03:04 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: "That Whispering Wolf..." <[email protected]>

>> Our own Director, Dr. Lawrence Schoen, will be making an appearence on Fox
>> TV in the NY area (channel 5), on Good Day NY.  Probably on in the early
>> part of the show; 7:00-7:30 or so.  Set your VCR's, kiddies!

>So, do we get to find out what DAY? :)

Argh, I really blew it.  Lawrence will kill me (if you folks don't beat him
to it).  It was this morning.  I only found out last night also.  I thought
I'd said... but I guess I didn't.

DopDaq qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'.

It was a so-so appearence, actually (at least I thought so).  They had a
whole mess of fans in costume outside a theatre in NY where the movie will
be previewed, together with Lawrence and the Good Day New York reporter.
Periodically throughout the show they'd return to that story, as the
reporter was slowly made up into a Klingon (good makeup job!
Professional.) and sometimes he'd let Lawrence get in a word or three.
Didn't really give Lawrence a chance to portray us as a serious
organization (i.e. doing linguistics, not just ST fandom), but hey, what
can you do.  It's publicity and all.

Man, that reporter sounded a lot like Lawrence...

>								   -WW

~mark

Back to archive top level