tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 12 14:41:22 1994

Re: Klingon Encyclopidea

On Fri, 11 Nov 1994, David Barron wrote:

> Keep in mind this is all second hand info sence I hhvnt seen the Primer.
> Thus I can state that hearsay states it posessesf the same quality as many
> self-published fannish newsletter, Closer to Kinko's quality than
> SImon&Schuster's.

I have Mr. Prochel's primer AND work at Kinko's and so am qualified to
say thet it is even below Kinko's quality.  Many of the pages are
crooked.  The copy was obviously mastered from a larger, spiral bound
document so you can see the binding on many of the copied.  The booklet
is held together by staples concealed behind duct tape.

For an extra $1 per book and some time making a straight master copy the
overall appearance would be greatly improved.  As it is, if I saw this
sitting on a table at a convention, I wouldn't pay $15 for it based only
on appearance.  With a little effort it could look much better, nearly
professional.  Certainly, a professional appearance would help sell the
contents.

Kordite, Intelligence Officer, IKV Dark Justice, Klingon Assault Group

"Welcome to the gulag Kinko's.  There is no stockade, there is no
air-conditioning, there is no electronic fronteer.  Only your poverty
prevents leaving.  Work well and we will pay you a meager salary just
barely enough to keep you alive.  Work poorly and you will be banished
into a depressed job market."

Back to archive top level