tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 11 11:02:13 1994

Klingon Encyclopidea

>>oh.. I lied...one more thing...someone told me that there is a Klingon
>>Encyclopedia out which contains EVERY Klingon word, including a being verb.
>>This book is apparently made for writers (who would be writing Star Trek
>>episodes and the like).  I've heard it costs about a $100USD.  Any
>>information on this?
>
>Never heard of it.  COnsidering the quality (or lack thereof) of the
>Klingon in episodes, I strongly doubt the existence of such a puppey.
>Besides, it would be so easy to construct one, I can't see anyone charging
>that much for it.  I mean, Klingon's word-construction rules are hardly so
>complex that it would take more than an hour to program a computer to crank
>out all possible forms (including silly ones).

>~mark

I have heard of it and seen it.

It is a fannish publication so the quality is VERY poor and, worse yet, the
Klingon is very bad too.

It does NOT have all the words but does try to discribe Klingon culture.

But then you may be thinking of Glen Proechel comercial indevor to make a
study guide or instructinal book.  From all reports it too is of low productin
quality.  But the price runs arround $25 from what I hear.

All in all, there is no Klingon Encyclepidea and I have given up all
hope of ever seeing one that I would put my money into.  Your best bet
is to join the KLI, study the HolQeDs, buy the Klingon version of
Hamlet when  it comes out next month and start making your own
Abbridged Klingon Dictionary.

--
David Barron || [email protected]  ||   lup Hoch yIyInqu'
   Klingon Language Postal Course       ||   qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level