tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 09 17:12:40 1994

A poem

Hi there!  I've been gone since the list moved, but I'm back now, and
I've been a little creative.  Please critique this!  I'm aware that some
of the grammar is unusual, but some of it is for the poem's sake.  But
do point out anything that is blatantly wrong!

"qaSchoHpu' may'"

qaSchoHpu' may' 'ej muHIvtaHjaghmey.
biH vIjeytaH;
no' nuHvo' chaghtaH 'Iwchaj pub.
ghoSlI' jaj jar Qav,
bIQtajmey taD SISbogh rammey bIr Hurgh je,
'ej vIDachlu'taH.
jISuvtaHvIS, vIQanmeH,
boqqochpu'wI' porghmey,
jIyInlaHmeH Heghpu'bogh chaH,
poH QavneS vItu' 'e' vISov,
chaHvaD yInwIj rIntaH.

qaSchoHpu' may' 'ej yoHbe'qu'moHbogh Ha'DIbaH'a'mey,
HughwIj 'IwDaq,
QIt, luSIch pachpu'chaj boch.

"The Battle Has Begun"

The battle has begun and I am beset by foes.
I defeat my enemies;
their boiling blood drips from my ancestral weapon.
Day's winter is coming,
cold, dark nights raining frozen water-knives,
and still I am surrounded.
As I fight to protect the bodies of my fallen allies,
those who died so that I might live,
I know I will find an honorable end
sacrificing myself for them.

The battle has begun, and the creatures of terror
slowly reach their shining claws
into my bloody throat.

D.A.T.  (who has been on the MUSH as tlhobwI'.)

Back to archive top level