tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 09 04:56:53 1994

Nonexistent words ...?

 uu> From: "Mark E. Shoulson" <ur-valhalla!cs.columbia.edu!shoulson>
 > > Light year (n)

 > uu> Anybody want to translate this from qelI'qammey?

 >Based on the length of a year in "The Final Reflection", a Klingon
 >light-year would be roughly 4.3x10^12 qelI'qammey (where 1 DIS = 1.1
 >years).  However, we
 >don't have any corroboration on the length of a DIS.

 uu> Yeah, but how long's a qelI'qam?

According to the Star Trek Encyclopedia, a qelI'qam is about 2 kilometers.

+ Sogh Qob vestai-qutvaj, Second Officer, IKV Crystal Dagger, KAG     +
+ Internet: [email protected]        +
+ Fidonet : Bill Willmerdinger @ 1:2613/477.1701                      +

... My father died at Khitomer, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!

Back to archive top level