tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 07 11:30:38 1994

Re: "Kiss"?

According to Joel Anderson:

> I suppose the lyric "shut up and kiss me" could
> become
>
> 	"yItam 'ej wuSDu'wIj yIHot!"
>
> Leaving it up to the addressed party to decide what part to
> do the touching with.

I wish there were a way to mash together affixes to allow:

yItam 'ej muSDu'wIj yIHot'eghmoH.

Yes, it is an ugly mess. Instead of the intended, "Shut up and
cause our lips to touch each other," it more likely means,
"Shut up and cause yourself to touch our lips."

It just shows the way in which forced placement of affixes can
exclude unusual meanings from finding expression.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level