tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 29 09:51:08 1994

Re: Nick's comments on HolQeD

Guido #1vo':

>{'e'} is of course a noun. A stative verb following the pronoun would not

Oh, Guido!  How could you MAKE this error????  {{:( {{:(

<'e'> is a *PRONOUN*!  *thwappity-bap!s you!*  *please* tell me this was a
typo....!

Although pronouns take the place of nouns, <'e'> is a trange case... it is a
pronoun which essentially referrs to a noun/smooshes the whole sentence into
itself to make it fit the place of a noun.

I think I already made an argument against this in an eariler post (or it may
be a later post, depending on how my mailer decided to send these dang things
out...), so I will not re-cap the rest here.

--HoD trI'Qal
  tlhwD lIy So'

Back to archive top level