tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 24 11:59:35 1994

News and Announcements

Amazing as it must sound, I've finally caught up with the mailing list
(plowed through three weeks of email tonight!).

Some general comments that may be of interest to you:

1) I had a long chat with Marc Okrand the other day.  He and I discussed some
innovative ways to work around his schedule and lack of time.  There are some
ideas in the works, folks, and if things go as I believe they will, you can
expect to see quite a bit from Dr. Okrand on a regular basis in future issues
of HolQeD, quite possibly even as soon as the next issue!

2) Marc still does not have either access to the Internet, nor an email
account.

3) Marc has NOT been contacted by Paramount for the new film.  He suspects
there WILL be Klingon in the film, but that it will be the same Klingon we've
come to know and loathe from recent seasons of TNG and DSN.

In other news:

HolQeD received its first letter to the editor from an "acutal" Klingon.
 Barbara Marsh, the actress who portrays Lursa (one of the infamous Duras
sisters) sent a nice note along with a couple autographed pictures.

And...

On August 13th and 14th I will be one of the guests at KlinCon somewhere out
there in California (near Fresno, I believe).  Why they want me for a guest I
don't know.  Turns out they had already printed and mailed out the fliers
announcing me as one of the guests before they even called me to see if I
would do it.  That's a bit annoying, but since the proceeds from the con will
go to benefit a local homeless shelter I agreed to it.  The REAL star trek
guest will be Majel Barrett.  This should be quite interesting because the
following weekend she's at GenCon in Wisconsin, where Jeremy Cowan will be
giving a lecture on Klingon.  Poor woman, she's going to get real tired of
the stuff.  Looks like I'm going to have to work real hard in Idaho in July
so I can fake my way through the August convention.  :)

More news as it happens.

Lawrence

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   :: The KLI is a nonprofit ::
:: The Klingon Language Institute   :: tax exempt corporation ::
:: POB 634, Flourtown, PA 19031 USA :: DaH HuchlIj'e' ghonob  ::

Back to archive top level