tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 17 12:41:57 1994

RE: Query on the Internet side.

*Chicago*vo' lIghItlhneS 'IjwI'

In Message Tue, 17 May 94, Al Goodniss <[email protected]> writes:

> I currently have the Klingon echo from Fidonet, but it is lacking in
>its deliverables.  Most often,  it drops my messages before reaching the person
>they are destined for.... <sigh>

Can anyone out there help a *complete* novice get oriented in this brave new
world of E-mail, Internet and BBSs? I've had limited access to the Internet and,
thus, to the KLI mailing List for only a month now, so all of this is still
new to me.

What is Fidonet and how can I receive this "Klingon echo"? I know
there are three or four Klingon interest groups out on the Information
Highway, I just don't know where they are or what's the best (i.e.
cheapest, avoiding commercial online services) way to connect to them!
Feel free to be as elementary as possible... assume nothing!

I will be contributing more to the List when I feel my tlhIngan
Hol is up to it, but for now I'm learning a lot by monitoring your posts.

Qapla'
manajtaHvIS qeylIS wIghomjaj
.. Steven

Back to archive top level