tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 12 02:22:33 1994

Re: tam poHvo'

>Petervo':
>
>charghwI'vo':
>> > Yep. Mighty strange...
>
>Petervo':
>> Again, DuSaQ in this case means school.  "I can only do school things,
>> but Monday my teacher(s) will examine me for the last time (Qav pom)."
>> I have my final final exam on Monday.
>
>charghwI'vo':
>you can only accomplish school tasks.
>
>DaH DuSaQ Qu'mey neH vIta'laH, 'ach qaSDI' "Monday" mutob
>ghojmoHwI'wI'.
>
>Given that {tob} means "test conclusively", that implies that
>it is a final exam. Klingon again shows its efficiency.

I'm not sure I'd interpret "on Monday, my instructor will prove (test
conclusively?) me" as "On Monday, I must take a final exam".  Even though I
realize that "ghach" is not a popular suffix what about:

qaSDI' "Monday", nuDghach Qav muloH ghojmoHwI'wI'

              ____
             |INRI|
             |    |           Matt Whiteacre
             |    |           [email protected]