tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 27 05:14:05 1994

Re: KBLC: jIbeplaw'

*Beginner*

qorvo':

>=> mamoSlaHlaw'.
>=> bISuvqangtaHmo' bIquvqu'!
>=> HIQochtaHneS!
>
>HIja',  mamoSbejta'.
>paQDI'norghlIj vIquv, 'ej qaQochruptaH.
>tlhIngan Hol ghojtaH ghojchoHwI'pu'ra' vIneH.

ghojqangchugh, vaj ghojbej.
nom ghojlaw'mo' chaH Hoch, jIQuch.

One comment:  in your second line, <quv> means "to be honoured," so you are
really saying "I am honoured your teachings"... which doesn't make sense.  I
think you were a bit hasty as you looked in your KD... what you wanted was on
the previous line: <quvmoH>, which means "to honour."

Understandable mistake, I have made it a dozen times.  Follow me?

Translation:

If they want to learn, they will learn.
I am happy becasue they are all learning so quickly.

--HoD trI'Qal

Back to archive top level