tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 10 05:10:27 1994

Qaghqoq

>From: mark <[email protected]>
>Date: Thu, 10 Mar 94 10:33:21 EST

>2. ngeHbej be'ta' : Queen of Outer Space.  (be'ta' from be'
>'female' + ta' 'emperor')

I was thinking about this one once, regarding Esther, probably.  I think I
like "ta'be'" better (despite the homophony with "doesn't accomplish").  It
matches "puqbe'" from "puq"+"be'", and also allows for possibly convenient
ambiguity between "female emperor" and "emperor's woman/wife"  (the latter
would probably be better as "ta' be'nal").  On the other hand, I'm also not
convinced that "ta'" has to be male anyway, maybe it would be accurate to
call a queen "ta'" also, like a woman can be a HoD or a la'.  But that's a
cultural aspect of Klingonia that I'm really not qualified to answer.

>- marqem

~mark

Back to archive top level