tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 07 04:45:43 1994

Back to archive top level

To this year's listing

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]


>From: Will Martin <[email protected]>
>Date: Mon, 7 Mar 94 15:44:02 EST

>Okay, fine. If you wanted to replace {qorDu'} with a pronoun, would you
>use {chaH} or {bIH}?

Hmm?  Easy, "'oH", like in English.  Sometimes we replace a collective word
like that with a pronoun for its *members*, in which case we'd use "chaH",
as would make sense.  (nuq Qub qorDu'lIj?  SaHbe' chaH.)  But plural
families, viewed as units?  bIH.  "qorDu'mey law' vIlegh.  quv bIH."



Back to archive top level