tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 06 22:19:20 1994

Re: Noun-Noun stuff

On Mar 5,  4:13pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Subject: Re: Noun-Noun stuff
>
> I was just now listening to CK, specifically to find canonical examples of
> some of the words recently under controversy.
>
> I found the sentence {pegh De'vetlh} meaning "That is classified
> information." This would suggest that {pegh} has an alternate meaning, "be
> secret."
> Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

     I wonder. It might also be idiomatic to Klingon to say, "That data keeps
something secret." In other words, there is a secret kept in the data.
Earthers see "secret" as an aspect of the data, while Klingons might see
"secret" as a thing unto itself, which is contained within the data.

     What do others think?

charghwI'

Back to archive top level