tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 05 03:14:17 1994

Re: Noun-Noun stuff

I was just now listening to CK, specifically to find canonical examples of
some of the words recently under controversy.

I found the sentence {pegh De'vetlh} meaning "That is classified
information." This would suggest that {pegh} has an alternate meaning, "be
secret."

Also, the construction {ghorgh pa'wIjDaq jIchegh}. This may seem trivial, but
it was something over which ~mark and I had a small argument, as to whether
{chegh} is transitive or intransitive, and whether one should say
{jIchegh'eghta'} for "I have returned." Well, the canon tells us we shouldn't
have to, that {jIcheghta'} will suffice.

Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

Back to archive top level