tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 30 15:27:37 1994

Re: Scrabble anyone?

Whoever does create the Scrabble version of Klingon...
I would strongly suggest that:

1.  The combination >rgh< is included as a tile.  This would please all
of us who favor the >G< theory, and be an excellent tile to have a [Z] or
[Q] type value.  This tile would not be easy to start a word with :-)
Serious consideration would have to be given to the combination also
because of the fact that many words of the form >CVr< have analagous
words of the form >CVrgh<.  Every [>gh<] tile would become very similar
to the English [S] tile.  Scarce.

2.  Branching will be very difficult with unmodified Klingon word length
barely above 3.  I'm not exactly sure how one would get around this.
Possibly by having on the order of a dozen tiles on the bar instead of 7
would encourage and increase the odds in favor of suffix adding.

3.  Any Klingonists who are within close vicinity should attempt to play
this a few times in a long session to find what other kinks may exist.  I
always think of how hard it is to play a [Y] tile in the German version,
or how reamed you are if you get a [C] and have no  [H] or [K]....

[email protected]                        overheard- "Pardon me, but if I must
David E G Sturm, Laboratory Manager (eff 8/94)     operate in a vacuum, can
Wake Forest University Department of Physics       I at least have a little
POB 7261 Reynolda Station, Winston-Salem NC 27109  ether to calm my nerves?"

Back to archive top level