tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 29 06:58:57 1994

Ranks

yI'Ij!  "Ranks" Bill Willmerdinger jatlhchu'pu' Uucp
 Uu> From: Niall Hosking <ur-valhalla!udcf.gla.ac.uk!884744ho>
 Uu>
 Uu> nuqneH
 Uu>
 Uu> I was wondering what the standard naval ranks would be in tlhIngan,
 Uu> i.e. Ensign, Lieutenant, etc.
 Uu> Also, army-style ranks.

For naval ranks, the Klingon Assault Group here uses:

Ensign:                    lagh
Lieutenant Junior Grade:   SoghHom
Lieutenant:                Sogh
Senior Lieutenant:         Sogh'a'
Lieutenant Commander:      la'Hom
Commander:                 la'
Captain:                   HoD
Admiral:                   'aj

Note that we do not say "Sogh la'" since the -Hom dimunitive suffix works so
perfectly.  We use ra'wI' as the position "commander of a ship".

Army style I can't help you with!

Sogh'a' Qob vestai-qutvaj
yaS cha'DIch, tlh.w.D. quttaj

... May your consorts consistently feel the need to wash their hair.

Back to archive top level