tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 29 05:34:08 1994

Re: qep'a'

> Thank you, janSIy, for your very informative answers.
>
> More questions:

I s'pose I should answer these as well?

> 1.  Would you like a more structured agenda?

We discussed this while we were there.  Yes, a sligtly more structured
agenda would be nice, but on the other hand, it was kinda nice to sit
back and debate what we were going to do, and when each day... so not
*too* structured. {{;)  Please remember that Lawrence more or less threw
this last one together on the spur of the moment; I don't think anyone
expected anything or everything to be planned out for us in advance, and
quite frankly, if he had, I would have been even more amazed than I was. {{:)

> 2.  Would you enjoy it more if more people attended?

This is actually a tough one.  With the number of people we had there, it
was easy to get to know people quickly, and to (at some point or another)
talk with everyone.  I would certainly not mind meeting more people
(especially those interested in tlhIngan!), but on the other hand, if
there were many more, I doubt everything would have been as "cozy" as it
was.  I guess I would have to say that a few more people would have most
definitely been welcome, but not so many that we lost that "personal touch".

> 3.  How about beginners' classes before the KF?  [eg a week before, and
> beginners classes every morning before the fun begins?]

Considering the skill levels of the various people attending, a beginning
class would have been a waste of time.  If there had been people coming
who were weak on the basic grammar, then, yes, that might have been a
good idea... but as it was, everyone there had a pretty good idea what
they were doing... so it wasn't needed.

Sorry I was so slow on this.  For those of you who haven't noticed, I am
running out of a new account for the list mail, and for a few days, I was
unable to reach it do to local network problems.  (Those seem to have been
fixed, now.  I think.)  I am getting caught up... again.  I still have
some REALLY old stuff sitting in my other account... but I want this one
up-to-date, first.  (Yeah... riiiight!)

--tQ

--
HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		<interesting quote to come
tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	 here in the future!>

Back to archive top level