tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 27 23:07:14 1994

nuqneH

>From: James Lyle <[email protected]>
>Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 20:22:36 -0700 (PDT)

>Well,  here goes:

>nuqneH

nuqneH!  batlh jurI'.

>James Lyle 'oH pongwI' 'e'

I think you mean "'oH pongwIj'e'".  Names aren't sentient critters, so you
use "-wIj" for them, and the "-'e'" is a suffix, not a separate word (in
this case).

>Universityof Washington-Daq pab(generative) vIghojtaH.  (lIngwI' jiH? :) )

*groan*

>That's about all I'm prepared to attempt now.  But I do have a question:

>What is a good way to express  the meaning 'with something/someone'?
>I have tried something like 'retlhwIjDaq' for 'with me', but is there
>some less circuitous way?  Apologies if this is an old question.

As was mentioned by someone else... and also by Okrand in a HolQeD article,
the verb "tlhej" is your salvation.  I went with Maltz can be expressed
with sentences like:

jIghoStaHvIS mutlhej matlh

maghoS matlh jIH je

maghoSmeH mutlhej matlh