tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 27 22:31:50 1994

Klingon statement in 'Blood Oath' DS9

>From: [email protected] (Margaret Kipp)
>Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 21:11:33 -0400

>I was watching a rerun of DS9 and one of the Klingons said the following:
>'May Kahless guide us on this day of vengeance.'

>I attempted to translate this and came up with:

>bortaSjajvam nuDevjaj qeylIS

>But I couldn't figure out how to say during or on a time period.

Take a look in TKD, in the phrase-list, where Okrand gives us "Four
thousand throats may be slit in one night by a running man" as "qaStaHvIS
wa' ram loS SaD Hugh SIjlaH qetbogh loD."  Give you any ideas?

>I would be interested in anyone else's translation of the statement.

(chants) qaS--- taH--- vIS---
:-)

>--
>Margaret Kipp     [email protected]