tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 26 03:11:19 1994

Klingon Compass

>From: [email protected]
>Date: Tue, 26 Jul 94 13:59:44 -0400

>I didn't intentionally attach a file to my message in this list.  There must
>have been an electronic screw up somewhere between you and I.

>Tim Cleary <[email protected]> Wrote:
>| Forgive my ignorance as I've just started studying the subject but
>| what is this passage? Is there a Klingon font out there somewhere and if
>| so how do I get the software to translate it?  Thanks
>|
>| Tim Cleary, [email protected]
>|
>| On Tue, 26 Jul 1994 [email protected] wrote:
>| > begin 600 attach.Z
>| > M'YV0:=R,>7/&31HZ;URTF7,&@,.'$"-*G$BQHL6+&"N"V&BC(P@`&T'$H$'C
[ more of the same deleted ]

This file was a compressed, uuencoded file.  I uudecoded and uncompressed
it and got a very badly formatted reposnse to my letter about using "'et"
for East.  I'm not sure why some mail site saw fit to compress and uuencode
the message.  Maybe because the formatting got messed up someplace else.
Try sending it again, double-checking that the format is good (I know this
list has problems with periods in column 80 or 81, f'rinstance), and that
there are no strange control characters or something that some mailer might
decide to uuencode to protect other mailers from.

~mark

Back to archive top level