tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 25 08:24:45 1994

a costume contest

This past weekend I went to a small (300 people) science fiction
convention here in Pittsburgh.  On Saturday evening there was a costume
contest and I, dressed in full Klingon uniform and make-up, stormed onto
the stage.  "<tlhIngan jIH! SuvwI''a' jIH!> I will teach you humans some
Klingon words but I will need a volunteer!"  I grabbed the mistress of
ceremonies and pointed out a few body parts and the names in Klingon.
"Now we sing! <nach, volchaHDu', qIvDu', yaDDu', qIvDu', yaDDu>."  It was
glorious.  After winning Best Presentation and Best of Show, out in the
hallway, I was asked to teach the song to all those assembled.  With
little instruction, the humans were soon singing along with entheusiasm.

Qapla'!

Kordite, Intelligence Officer, IKV Dark Justice, Klingon Assault Group

Back to archive top level