tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 19 01:39:56 1994

Re: Slogan

According to Joel Anderson:

> 	"A Brave Warrior is Prepared: Get your Hepatitis B Shots!"
>
> 	"ghuHbej yoHtaHwI' SuvwI':  HEPATITIS-B Hergh yISuqqu'!"
>
> Constructive assistance welcome, thank you.
>
> 	yIrojqu'!

Hmmmm.

It's pretty good, except for the {yoHtaHwI'} forming a
possessive construction with {SuvwI'}. You actually are saying
"The brave one's fighter is definitely alert." I'm not sure
that quite fits the intended meaning.

ropqangbe' SuvwI' yoH: DaH "Hepatitus B" Hergh yISuq!

"A brave warrior is not willing to be sick: Get your Hepatitus
B medicine NOW!"

Or how about:

{SuvwI' lI'be' ghaH SuvwI''e' rop: DaH...}

"A sick warrior is a useless warrior: Now, get your shots!"

charghwI'

Back to archive top level