tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 13 03:08:01 1994

Talk like a Klingon!

I a recent conversation with HoD Qanqor (He was at the KLI Kling-Phling and
I was not),he asked me "qatlh naDev SoHbe'?"

I must point out that as far as I can tell this phrase is
completely gramatical but it struck me as an English Idiom because
it makes use of the verb "to be".

I would like to propose two alternatives to "qatlh naDev SoHbe'"
that lack any "to be" construction (something I feel one should
avoid in order to sound "Klingon"). My suggestions are
"qatlh bISaHbe'?"
   OR
"qatlh bIDach?"

I welcome any comments.

--
       David Barron              ||     lup Hoch yIyInqu'
Klingon Language Postal Course   ||     qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level